• Consider new income: There’s a quote “necessity is the mother of invention” – The situation you are faced with can possibly force you and your hubby to be creative to come up with new streams of income.
• Discuss things with your hubby: It is prudent to try to speak with him about how you are feeling. Try to create an environment where you both can have a heart to heart conversation. Ensure that you are ‚strategic’ with the timing, the setting and the words you use. Remember, you want him to truly hear and understand how you feel, that takes planning.
• Cut off the relationship with the ex: This may not be easy – everyone wants to feel admired and appreciated and your ex is making you feel like that now. However, what you have described of your hubby doesn’t sound as though he is truly neglectful and uncaring, even if he may be a bit naпve. Give firing-up your marriage another shot, before throwing in the towel for an uncertain situation.
• Sit with advisors: It may be useful to sit with a financial advisor to help you both navigate your income and expenses, and also a marriage counsellor, to help you with ‚fessing’ up as to where the gifts came from.
1. This survey is completely anonymous. Your feedback is entirely free (absolutely no strings attached) and confidential, unless you share it with someone.
We’d love to hear from you
2. You will get two types of feedback.